Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways...

I AM IN LOVE!


18 months (and 4 days) ago I gave birth to a 7 pound 4 ounce divine baby girl & she has turned my world upside down. Never has "I wuff MOMMY" been something I could have dreamed of being so glorious until I locked eyes with my, at the time, grey eyed wonder. I've been through the getting pooped, peed and mostly spit up on. I've seen her fall and made the trips to the doctor when she has been sick. I've learned the true meaning of being able to multi-task, that's for sure. I've also seen her smiles, heard her giggles and had her chase me around the house saying "tuck a tuck a" (her version of tickle tickle!). I've cleaned all kinds of food off the floor, out of her hair, in between cushions & the good Lord knows there have been Cheerios over every inch of my house at one point or another. Now I am tackling potty training, which surprisingly is going well compared to horror stories I have heard before. Over this past year and a half I have seen so much more to life. Most importantly I have found a new meaning.

Who would have thought that a baby could change the world (I'm laughing here, because look what Jesus did to the world!), but more so this baby changed my world. She gives me so much to live for, and more importantly to smile for. Children are purely amazing.

I already dread the day she moves out on her own, I dread the first time she says she hates me, and I cannot imagine the day I leave this physical earth, and more so my baby girl.

I know other mamas will read this, and maybe I'm touching enough that one will even catch a tear in their eye. However, I hope someone's sweet angel baby reads this and decides they need to just say hi to their mama because it's been too long, or maybe even visits when they haven't in forever. I hope I have the power to touch someone's life in the way that helps them connect with their Mama Bear better, or if not better than more frequently.

Kids, don't forget about your mama's. You mean the world to us, after all... you are the only ones who have heard our heart beat from the inside.

That's all folks,
Mama Bear S.

No comments:

Post a Comment