Thursday, May 9, 2013

Drugs and Alcohol

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
 
When it comes to alcohol, I am not a fan. It rarely comes without side-effects and usually leads to bad choices. Once or twice a month I do drink a Mikes Hard or two, usually at home and just with my husband, because he uses it to let loose and misses our old crazy days where I would drink too. After becoming a mom drinking became no fun, and it is obvious why. Early mornings mixed with late nights make for a grouchy family all around, through in something that makes you disoriented and there are too many openings for good intentions to go bad.
Although I am not a fan of alcohol I do not mind if it is something you are into! Mind you, I will part myself from irresponsible use of alcohol because I refuse to take part in the craziness that easily accompanies it.
 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
 
Drugs are a definite "no-go" for me. Even when it comes to prescriptions I remain weary. I just feel like God intended for us to live a clean life and many humans have "addictive personalities" which can carry us too far from our original intention and use of the drug in the first place.
Again, I do not mind what you do with your time, but I will part from any situation that is not controlled, and chances are I will feel very uncomfortable in any situation involving non-prescribed drugs.   

1 comment: