Saturday, May 25, 2013

When I was Three or Four

Matthew 18: 2-6
He called a little child and had him stand among them.  And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.  But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

My mom was dating a guy who later became her husband (only by law, not by actual marriage). We would stay at his house every once in a while. He had a huge Lion Fish that he just loved! Of course he loved it, it was EXPENSIVE! Well one morning no one was up with me and I thought that the fish looked so hungry so I got a block of Colby-Jack cheese out of the refrigerator. I love Colby-Jack! Why wouldn't a fish love it too?! Well obviously a fish doesn't need cheese, and definitely not a whole block of it at that.
At this point in time my mom and her at the time boyfriend were still good people, even to this day I feel like they had the best intentions with me at that point. He didn't get mad at me, I'm not sure if he was just trying to impress my mom or what, but he won my heart then.
As life went on and they had my brother. They got deep in drugs and my mom started stripping and it was just all down hill. The only man I'd ever called dad, who wasn't even my own dad, changed his fate in my life by bringing my family down a long-drawn out hurt-filled venture via addiction.
I recently forgave him, to the best of my abilities. He has turned his life around quite a bit, getting college degrees and getting healthy. I'm not close to him so I do not know for sure, but I am pretty sure he is drug-free now. 
Anyways, this is where that memory brought me. Yay for blogging ideas!
:/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment