Saturday, May 11, 2013

Religion

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
My take on religion is this exact Bible verse. Love is all that matters! I am christian, and I am God-fearing. The thing that I love about following God is that His Word tells us over and over to love others. God loved others, sinful nature and all, so much that he sent his one and only son to die for all of those who had sinned, and all of those to sin in the future. Jesus was constantly trying to help sinners see the way to a happy ending, he hurt for them; he loved them. Just because someone does not follow the same beliefs as me, my religion still tells me to love them, to forgive them of their trespasses. For that, I am grateful. A world without forgiveness would be a very harsh place, considering we are ALL imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment